sábado, 13 de fevereiro de 2010

Ava Gardner - Personal Quotes


"I've certainly never taken the care of myself that I should have. On the contrary. I've done a lot of late nights without enough sleep and all that. But I've had fun. Whatever wrinkles are there, I've enjoyed getting them."

"I had dinner with director George Cukor not long ago, and he and his friends were going on about the business and what was happening, and do you know I didn't understand a damn thing they were talking about. As for acting, I know nothing about it."

"I married three exciting men, all very talented, and fascinating to the ladies, and, I might add, vice versa."

"Apparently, I'm what is known as a 'glamour girl.' Now that's a phrase which means luxury, leisure, excitement, and all things lush. No one associates a six A.M. alarm, a thirteen-hour workday, several more hours of study, housework, and business appointments with glamour. That, however, is what glamour means in Hollywood. At least it does to me.

"Being a film star is still a big damn bore. I do it for the money, that's all. After all these years I don't know a damn thing about movies. I was never an actress."

"I never see the sun. I sleep during the daylight. The night is company. It clarifies my mind."

"I've never received as much love as I've given."

"Being a movie star in America is the loneliest life in the world. In Europe they respect your privacy."

"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."

"All I have going is my looks. When my beauty goes, I'm through."

"I wasn't meant to act. I was meant to have babies."

"I'm one Hollywood star who hasn't tried to slash her wrists, take sleeping pills, or kick a cop in the shins. That's something of an accomplishment these days."

"I can't imagine why anybody would want to have an interview with me. I'm such a dull subject."

"I guess you think that mad love can cure anything. Well, it can't. You have to have more in common for marriage to work."

"As many drinks as I've had, I can't remember enjoying one. The only reason I drank was to get over my shyness."

"Hollywood is just a dreary, quiet suburb of Los Angeles, with droopy palm trees, washed-out buildings, cheap dime stores, and garish theaters, a far cry from the razzle-dazzle of New York, or even the rural beauty of North Carolina."

"I was never an actress-- none of us kids at Metro were. We were just good to look at."

"The truth is that the only time I'm happy is when I'm doing absolutely nothing."

"My philosophy, for better or worse, has always been, "If I'm in love or having an affair, I stop working."

"Anything you can't get out of a bottle of gin, you don't need."

"MGM promoted me as The World's Most Beautiful Animal, a label I couldn't shake."

"When I lose my temper, honey, you can't find it anywhere."

"Fame and fortune does not mean anything if you don't have a happy home."

"I don't mind growing old. If I have to go before my time, this is how I'll go-- cigarette in one hand, glass of scotch in the other."

"Doing nothing feels like floating on warm water to me. Delightful, perfect."

"If I had my life to live over again, I'd live it the same way. The truth is, honey, I've enjoyed my life. I've had a hell of a good time..."

"I shot enough sultry looks around the MGM photo gallery to melt the North Pole."

"I married three exciting men, all very talented, and fascinating to the ladies, and, I might add, vice versa."

"Everybody kisses everybody else in this crummy business all the time. It's the kissiest business in the world."

"I made it as a star dressed, and if it ain't dressed, I don't want it."

"What I'd really like to say about stardom is that it gave me everything I never wanted."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário