segunda-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2010

Personal Quotes


"I guess the world thinks of me as such a scarlet woman, I'm almost purple."

"Nobody tells me who to love or not to love, who to be seen with and not to be seen with."

"Every time I fall in love, I get married. My morality prevents me from having adventures. I was brought up in a very puritanical family."

"If I believed everything I read about myself in the press, I'd have good reason to hate myself."

"Eating too much is like drinking too much... I do allow myself to pig out once a week, but I always behave myself the next day."

"A drunk is somebody who drinks too much. Somebody who takes too many pills is a junkie. There's no polite way of saying it."

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?"

"More than anything else in the world I wanted a man who could control me."

"Everything was handed to me-- looks, fame, wealth, honor, love. I rarely had to fight for anything."

"No matter what happens, I'm loud, noisy, earthy and ready for much more living."

"I could drink everyone under the table and not get drunk. My capacity was terrifying."

"I'm a survivor-- a living example of what people can go through and survive."

"I'm wonderful at playing bitches."

"I'm glad that in my life I have never cut short my emotions. The most awful thing is to be numb."

"I love four-letter words."

"God knows I've led a complicated life. I don't like chaos, although I sometimes create chaos."

"I want my tombstone to say 'She Lived.' "

"The creativity of homosexuals has made so much possible in this town, in all the arts! Take out the homosexuals and there's no Hollywood!"

"I love being surrounded by beautiful things and I love being looked after."

"My toughest role is trying to grow up."

"I never liked acting that much. It's really been more or less a hobby with me."

"How many Hollywood marriages do you know of where the wife is an actress and the marriage still works?"

"Food is one of my major vices. I like anything fattening. But having double pneumonia is a great way to lose weight."

"I had the arrogance to think I could be a social drinker."

"You can see through celluloid, and it is brittle. Neither of those things is true about me."

"Being 70 is no different from being 69. It's a round number, and there's something about roundness that has always appealed to me."

"Success is a great deodorant. It takes away all your past smells."

"It's not the having, it's the getting."

"I don't think President Bush is doing anything at all about Aids. In fact, I'm not sure he even knows how to spell Aids."

"I don't pretend to be an ordinary housewife."

"My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked."

"I've only slept with men I've been married to. How many women can make that claim?"

"I have a woman’s body and a child’s emotions."

"If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down."

"Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses."

"Big girls need big diamonds."

"I really don't remember much about Cleopatra. There were a lot of other things going on."

"Everything makes me nervous - except making films."

"People who know me well, call me Elizabeth. I dislike Liz."

"I don't look too bad for someone my age, with my history of illnesses and operations and all those anesthetics. When they knock you out, it gives you time to catch up on your beauty sleep."

"I sweat real sweat and I shake real shakes."

"Marriage is a great institution."

"You can call me Dame Elizabeth. I've been a broad all my life. Now I'm a dame."

"I think I'm finally growing up - and about time."

"You find out who your real friends are when you're involved in a scandal."

"Richard is a very sexy man. He's got that sort of jungle essence that one can sense." (on Richard Burton)

"I'm a survivor - a living example of what people can go through and survive."

"I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário